Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Love Of God--His Grace is Sufficient for Me!

I just returned from church and I had such a wonderful experience with the Lord this morning! He just touched my heart in a special way this morning. As most of you know, our church is going through a transition period at this time and we are experiencing a couple of different pastors and a couple of different styles of message and worship. I have just been thinking about the Love of God. How wonderful it is and how it never changes, and is always sufficient for any need that I have, he is Holy, omnipotent, the author and finisher, alpha and omega, the High Priest of my faith!

It just amazes me that a God, who created us, who LOVES us, could care so much for his children, even when the ones that he created do not love him and do not keep his commandments. Yet, Somehow, his love is measureless and strong, and never changing. The song, The Love of God, tells it plainly:

To write the the Love of God above, would drain the oceans dry. Nor could the scroll contain the whole, Tho stretched from sky to sky.

Folks, that is a huge amount of Love for his children! Who can fathom the length of the entire sky? Gods live is sufficient and infinite, enough for everybody! Its just amazing. Grace, he gives it to us all. We have done nothing to deserve his grace, none of us are worthy of anything that he gives us. Yet, he loves us so, that we can still receive his grace and he still freely blesses us, as long as we serve him. And serving the Lord is such a pleasure. I just love doing it.

Thanks to everyone who reads this blog and leaves comments. You will never know how much it means that you care to read my thoughts. It is hard enough for me to put them into words how much I love the Lord and how much I want to serve him. He is my King, why would I disgrace him and his son who died for me and paid the price for my sins. How can I turn down this gift? How? Its impossible for me and I can't fathom it. God's Love is infinite and his Grace is sufficient!

Sowing in Love, Reaping in the Spirit,
DJ



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well said DJ! Keep posting--you never know who you may touch in the process. :-)

erniefan said...

DJ- I am so proud of you - bless you dear one! I know our Savior is smiling as He hears your songs of praises to Him! Your voice is strong, yet controlled, and your enunciation is great - I could understand each word. Bless you dear friend!!